Welcome to the updated Karaoke Info Forum!

What's The Differance between MP4 karaoke videos and MP3+G karaoke files?

You may post anything and everything to do with karaoke in this category. However, the Karaoke Forum has many other forums below. So, please ensure you post in the correct one.
VinylCrazy97
Investing
Investing

What's The Differance between MP4 karaoke videos and MP3+G karaoke files?

Hello There Guys i was wondering what is the differance between these , MP3+G karaoke files and digital Albums .

i what i have been asked for is a usb or sd card to have songs play on , as the family has asked they wanted a specific type of music .

for this young girls wake and i haven't got a foggiest for what to do .

cheers guys

:thumbup: :mic_yellow: :listening:

VINYL-CRAZY

:listening:
DJ Robbie
Investing
Investing

Re: What's The Differance between MP4 karaoke videos and MP3+G karaoke files?

Hi Vinyl,
This is pretty much easy to understand.

MP3+G

An MP3+G is basically a file which contains a music track but also has a graphics track built in.
Once you play this on a suitable player it will play the music and you can see the graphics (the song lyrics) on your screen.

If you have an MP3+G file handy on your PC but don't know how to play it, then click this link and download the FREE MP3+G player.
It works on Windows 10 too.
Just instal the free program and drop your MP3+G file onto the player's screen and it will play your karaoke track.

That's about all you can do with the file unless you know how to burn it to CD with a few others to make a CD+G disc for use in a standard karaoke machine (home or professional).

MP4

Since I only use a disc-based system, I am not dependent on MP4 karaoke.
However, I would imagine the MP4 karaoke tracks are very similar in the way they play but you should be able to play these files on any computer.

I just took a look and you can download a free sample of an MP4 track here on the Mr Entertainer site.

Digital This And That

Digital albums are a bit vague but I would imagine that just means your karaoke files are in album form.
If you are referring to standard karaoke discs for use in your home player then they need to be CD+G files.
You should be able to buy MP4 karaoke on digital albums too

USB Stick For Karaoke

If you are looking to have your files on a USB stick, then you will need to choose which format you want but may need a suitable player.
So, if you download your MP3+G files, ensure that you have the free player installed as I highlighted above, then just drop and play.
If you download MP4 files, then I believe they will just play on any computer or laptop.

Karaoke System

I read some of your earlier posts and you seem a little confused.
In order to have a get-together for a sing-song, you will need some form of karaoke set-up.
It all depends on your situation but DON'T EXPECT TO GET A SOUND LIKE YOUR LOCAL PUB ETC!
This is simply not achievable in the home environment, even if you had the best equipment on the market.

If I were you I would go for the basic equipment and do your own experiments to see what is right for your little parties etc.
Don't expect miracles and just be happy when you manage to get something to work for you.
Practice more and more because it's going to be a case of trial and error in your case.
VinylCrazy97
Investing
Investing

Re: What's The Differance between MP4 karaoke videos and MP3+G karaoke files?

VINYL-CRAZY

:listening: