Welcome to the updated Karaoke Info Forum!

New Member Here From North Carolina!

This is the Karaoke Info Forum introductions section. This is not obligatory, but it's a good place to start. Tell us a little bit about yourself before you start posting elsewhere.
Tony Trout
n00b
n00b

New Member Here From North Carolina!

Hey, ya'll!! I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to introduce myself (if it's not the Mods can move it).

My name is Tony Trout and I've been a singer since I was very young (I'm 40 - will be 41 on May 20, 2017). I'm also a big Elvis Presley fan and I have a few CD sets from "Golden Voice", "JAK", "Rebel Karaoke" that I sing along to such as the Aloha From Hawaii show, the Madison Square Garden show, and I've got a bunch of studio and live tracks as well. There's also a company in Britain called "Elvis Imitator" that actually has real applause at the end of the tracks that they make and the quality is amazing!!! You can get 40+ tracks for the price of about $300.00 (US).

I've thought about saving my money and getting some of them but - I'm really wanting to put together a replica blue sparkle Ludwig double-bass drum kit like the one that Ronnie Tutt (Elvis's drummer from 1969-1977) used from the Fall of 1970 until August 21, 1974 when he changed the kit to the Chrome over Vista-Lite kit.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself!! I'm glad to be here and I thank you for having me!!! 8-) :mic_yellow:

Slinky
Global moderator
Global moderator

Re: New Member Here From North Carolina!

Topic moved ;)

Hi Tony, welcome to Karaoke Info and nice to meet you.
We have a forum for members to demonstrate their singing, I am sure the members would like to hear you.
https://karaoke.info/forum/viewforum.php?f=49
Karaoke is my life.
Tony Trout
n00b
n00b

Slinky wrote:Topic moved ;)

We have a forum for members to demonstrate their singing, I am sure the members would like to hear you.
viewforum.php?f=49

Thanks for the heads-up, Skinky!!! Sorry for posting in the wrong section. :(

Since I'm a noob around here, is there a way to let the members hear my singing?
Spotlight
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Tony Trout wrote:
Slinky wrote:Topic moved ;)

viewforum.php?f=49

Thanks for the heads-up, Skinky!!! Sorry for posting in the wrong section. :(

Since I'm a noob around here, is there a way to let the members hear my singing?
Welcome.

I have created your own showcase here just in case you want it - viewforum.php?f=49

Yeah Tony, firstly have you recorded your songs?
If so then go to soundcloud and upload to there.
You can then get a link to your songs.
Make a post in the showcase forum and paste the code there - viewforum.php?f=49
However, you will need to highlight it and then click the orange box above with the cloud above.
If you have trouble doing that just paste the code and a mod will do it for you.
If the song is copyrighted they will not let you upload but you can use youtube.
If Soundcloud doesn't appeal to you there is youtube.

Make a youtube account then make a video with your song and a picture or two.
Upload to youtube and do the same as above but highlight your link with the youtube button above (end circle with a triangle in the centre).
Again if you struggle just paste the link and a mod will sort it.

To make a video you can use the movie maker built into Windows 7 and below (I use this).
It works with Windows 10 but you need to search for it as Windows 10 doesn't have it included.
Alternatively, find a free youtube maker on the web.
I just downloaded the free one from here https://www.makeyoutubevideo.com/ and made a quick video below to show that it works but you can be as creative as you like.

[Video deleted]
Val
Disc Jockey
Disc Jockey

Welcome to the karaoke forums Tony :waving:
Karaoke is the spice of life.
Tony Trout
n00b
n00b

I have recorded a couple of CDs but these were recorded in a studio. Due to a lot of requests from some of the locals here where I live, I recorded two Christian CDs. I do, though, have a bunch of Elvis karaoke from Rebel Karaoke, Golden Voice (these are concert CDs which contain "Aloha From Hawaii"; "Madison Square Garden"; 1969 Vegas; TTWII; & a CD titled "Eclipse" which has different studio tracks.

I will get around to recording something - but - since I'm disabled with Cerebral Palsy & Hydrocephalus (I also have heart issues), I have to do what my health will allow me to do. I will say that, even though you've probably already figured it out, Elvis Presley is my favorite singer and he's a huge influence on my vocal stylings.
Spotlight
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

No problem Tony.
If you recorded the CD's, then use them to upload to Soundcloud or youtube.
Get back if you need help to do this.

Incidentally I have one Elvis Presley song that I recorded - Hard Headed Woman :D

DJ Robbie
Investing
Investing

Welcome Tony Trout :D