If you have karaoke at heart, join in!
Join in with the the trivia - click here

What's the best karaoke disc label?

This Karaoke Forum is for general discussion about karaoke discs or indeed individual tracks. In short, anything to do with karaoke songs is acceptable. Obviously, alert us to new karaoke releases should you discover them first.
Billy
Karaoke Shacker
Karaoke Shacker

What's the best karaoke disc label?

Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:38 pm

Which would be the best karaoke discs to start a decent karaoke collection?
I have a complete mixture of all sorts. I think I have something from every karaoke label going.
I was thinking of buying all of Sunfly's Hits Series and the Sunfly Most Wanted but some say they have problems with the graphics on some. Is it worth going all out for the whole collection of these labels?

Jacky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What's the best karaoke disc label?

Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:33 pm

What you are proposing to do sounds like a plan!
Don't worry about the odd word that may be wrong in the graphics as most karaoke discs have those.

Sound Power
Karaoke Shacker
Karaoke Shacker

Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:08 pm

Stick with the plans for Sunfly. I would secure the Most Wanted asap they are really good.
1,000,000 watts of power

Super Fly
Disc Jockey
Disc Jockey

Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:12 pm

I would say Sunfly too.
I do think Zoom karaoke is better though.
So if you don't mind a few dupes when collecting from scratch then Zoom karaoke would be the next lot to go after.
Give me some beer

DJ Robbie
Disc Jockey
Disc Jockey

Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:11 pm

I like Zoom karaoke discs better than any other. The Sunfly karaoke discs will be more widely available and possibly cheaper though.
I have saw some really cool bargains on ebay for the Sunfly stuff.
I have a good collection of Sunfly stuff but the Zoom's really are the bees knees and the dogs bollox.

Slinky
Global moderator
Global moderator

Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:55 am

I converted to a KJ from being a DJ towards the end of my career but I always preferred the Zoom label to the Sunfly.
I couldn't stop buying karaoke discs once I got the bug :lol:
I would say that go for either Zoom or Sunfly.
Then when finances permit pick up a few other labels like SoundChoice and Priddis discs from ebay and test them out.
From the blogs here you will see there are loads and loads of different karaoke labels.
Its down to personal choice really but for starting out there's no substitute for recommendations so please check the blog out from time to time and please consider giving your own reviews. This will help all future karaoke disc collectors.
Karaoke discs can be very cheap but if you are like me, once you start buying them its quite hard to stop. So even though the second-hand discs are cheap on the used market, over time you will find yourself spending a lot of cash.
Please try and help other karaoke disc collectors by making your recommendations and giving us a revies of the labels you may have.
Remember also that many people prefer singing the oldies, at least that's what I found, so look for labels that have an abundant amount of older songs.
Karaoke is my life.

DJ Robbie
Disc Jockey
Disc Jockey

Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:29 pm

Yeah Slinky, I recommend having as many oldies as you can because most people sing the old songs.
To be honest I have not bought any new discs in a few years and get by on what I have.
I am thinking of getting some of the newer stuff and doing a new song book.
I dread doing the new song book because it took so long before and I might have lost the knack.

Baz
Global moderator
Global moderator

Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:09 pm

My preference would be to start saving the Sunfly karaoke discs first.
I have saw many full collections of both the main series and the Sunfly Most Wanted go reasonably cheaply as well.
You have to have a price in your head and keep searching.
Bookmark certain pages on ebay and Gumtree and grab them if you think they represent a good deal.

Unicorn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:31 pm

Going to be a hard decision not to go all out and not collect Sunfly which is the most common label around :lol:
Seriously its what you find is the best.
I like a good selection across the board but yes go for the Sunfly first.

KaraJock
Karaoke Shacker
Karaoke Shacker

Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:10 am

I think if I was starting out on a tight budget I would be temped to go for Sunfly.
How many Sunfly discs are there, possibly about 350 in the main series.
That's quite an outlay in itself - even on the used market and then there's the Sunfly Most Wanted discs.
The only reason why I say Sunfly is because I see many of their discs on ebay and Gumtree and they are in abundance.
When the market gets flooded with the same items the prices tend to be lower.
I have seen some amazing bargains on ebay, some as low as 50p each in bulk!
For that reason only I say go for the Sunfly discs.
But, and here's the big but :lol:
Just keep looking around all the time for all karaoke discs as bargains are always coming and going.
Yes go all out for Sunfly but there are many other labels that you need for a good karaoke collection.
Never pay over the top for the used discs either because you are never sure as to the wear and tare they may have.