Welcome to the updated Karaoke Info Forum!

Beginner PA System

You may post anything and everything to do with karaoke in this category. However, the Karaoke Forum has many other forums below. So, please ensure you post in the correct one.
Spotlight
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Re: Beginner PA System

Power is watts it all about :D

ctlw83
Singer
Singer

Panther wrote:Power is watts it all about :D
I know! It's something that people get really AMPed up about.
Spotlight
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

ctlw83 wrote:
Panther wrote:Power is watts it all about :D
I know! It's something that people get really AMPed up about.
:D

But mine goes up to 11 like Spinal Tap's :mrgreen:

ctlw83
Singer
Singer

OK, I can't beat Spinal Tap. I'm tapped out when it comes to that...
Tom Thumb
Investing
Investing

I have a friend who knocked up a home karaoke system with bits of this and bits of that but he gets terrible feedback at higher volumes. Its what cheap stuff does for you.
ctlw83
Singer
Singer

I don't know much about PA systems but, the one I got seems to be fine at the moment. I haven't done a true "field test" yet but, will be in the near future.
Jacky
Site Admin
Site Admin

ctlw83 wrote:I don't know much about PA systems but, the one I got seems to be fine at the moment. I haven't done a true "field test" yet but, will be in the near future.
It's all about trial and error. Once you have tested the system will you make a few notes and let us know. Things like your final set up including the model numbers etc. If it is a gig of some sort I would be interested to hear how it all went and I am sure others would too. Its always good to see people start up in the business. Good for reminiscing later ;)

As with any new adventure, the start might give you a few butterflies in the belly but plenty of practice in the home will see you alright.
ctlw83
Singer
Singer

Right now I am putting most of my efforts into going through duplicate tracks. I still have at least 840 duplicates to go through. Some songs I have 2 of, others 3, and still others 4 (DK set sometimes has 2 versions).

I think my first "field test" of the PA will be during my son's birthday party at a hall, just to play background music. Still a legitimate test.

Once I am through the duplicates, the first "real" test will be doing a Karaoke Dance Night party for the dance studio my wife and I attend. I figured why not give back to the place we enjoy so much? Not only that but, smaller crowd, less demanding, etc.