Welcome to the updated Karaoke Info Forum!

Does Karma Work On Windows 10?

This forum is all about karaoke hardware and karaoke software, of course. So, if you have an issue with your gear or if you need to know more information, then use this section. Obviously, if you can help others, all the better.
Val
Disc Jockey
Disc Jockey

I am thinking about installing Windows 10 operating system on a laptop and wondered if Latshaw Karma will be easy to install on the machine.
The laptop is keep asking me to get Windows 10 so I am seriously thinking of taking up their offer.
The laptop has 3GB RAM, 120GB hard drive and a 2.2 dual core processor.
Currently, the machine has Windows 7 installed.
So, the questions are, how does Windows 10 deal with our old programs and will my laptop take Karma.

At present, there are no karaoke programs on the laptop at all.
I need to put Karma on because I would like to set up a new karaoke system for home use.
I do not want to use the professional karaoke gear that I own as I really only want a quick and easy set up for the odd get together in the home.
There is no way on earth I will be using my precious karaoke discs for home use because I will be having a drink too and there's no way I am taking a chance with the discs.
The speakers are on castors so can be easily rolled in
I have some old gear like amplifiers and an old mixer so I could have a nice little system set up if I start to use the laptop.

Karaoke is the spice of life.
Kelsy
Karaoke Shacker
Karaoke Shacker

Re: Does Karma Work On Windows 10?

Val, according to Microsoft, Windows 10 is a mixture of Windows 7 and 8.
They also claim that most of your old programs will install and should work well.
I have had a look at W10 but can't get used to it and went back to W7.

I never had time to install anything on the PC that I had Windows 10 on so I can't say if Karma will install.
However, my advice would be to download Windows 10 now while its free.
Use some software like Norton Ghost to back it up then revert back to Windows 7 or 8 should you not like it.
That way you will have a fully functioning Windows 10 to mess around with and when they withdraw support for W7 & 8 you will still have an OS which they will still maintain.

Just make sure that your pc or laptop has Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (either 32 bit or 64 bit that matches your system).
If you have this on your PC then Karma will not ask you to install it and the program installs a thousand times better.
Karma has the reputation of being a pig to install but the best karaoke player once it does.

As for your system, well, there is no doubt about it that Karma is a power hungry program but I have ran it on a laptop with 1GB RAM before.
I would say 3GB should be alright because Microsoft recommend 1GB RAM for a 32 bit system and 2GB for a 64 bit system on W10.
Your 2.2GHz processor will handle Karma.
I would always recommend increasing the RAM though, this does make a difference to everyone's system when they want an extra boost.
Margy
Investing
Investing

I have heard that Karma will install and function well on Windows 10 but I can't confirm this.
Slinky
Global moderator
Global moderator

I have little experience with Windows 10.
I did download it while it was offered to me and free but on first sight I hated the look of it.
I am back to Windows 7 now.
I have a colleague who has said he uses Windows 10 and all his old programs from Windows 7 installed like a dream.
Karma is a devil to install sometimes but its just a normal program so it should install ok.
Karaoke is my life.
Benny
Karaoke Shacker
Karaoke Shacker

I don't like windows 10 but Karma will load ok so I am told.
Spotlight
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

I got Windows 10 and saved it then went back to what I know is best - W7.
Oh, remember when we thought XP was the bees knees :bow:
Super Fly
Singer
Singer

It is a bad thing when Microsoft kept forcing Windows 10 on us.
These updates have ruined many a PC.
Whether Karma works on W10 or not is another matter but all I know is that I have had to reinstall Windows 7 twice since I was forced to accept it as part of their updates.
I thought that was against the law when they can plant things on your computer without accepting first.
They have got away with murder without anyone seemingly doing anything about it.
Give me some beer
James
Disc Jockey
Disc Jockey

I will stick with Windows 7 thanks.
If anyone still has the nagware that Microsoft is still dumping on our PC's then you can take steps to get rid of it.

http://www.howtogeek.com/218856/how-do- ... tion-tray/
Pebbles
Singer
Singer

Karma should work on Windows 10 as they have said most programs would.
Go for it.
Billy
Karaoke Shacker
Karaoke Shacker

I tried Windows 10 for a short time and can confirm that when I installed Karma it worked for me.
Unfortunately I didn't like W10 so I put Windows 7 back on the PC.