Our Karaoke Radio channel is online more frequently due to the dreaded Coronavirus outbreak. See the mother site for more details.

What is the best type of CD to burn CD+G karaoke discs

This Karaoke Forum is for general discussion about karaoke discs or indeed individual tracks. In short, anything to do with karaoke songs is acceptable. Obviously, alert us to new karaoke releases should you discover them first.
The Novice
Chatty
Chatty

I have a friend who needs to burn a few karaoke discs and was wondering if any of my contacts here could recommend the best type or brand of CD to do this.
My friend is not bothered about the cost and will only need about 25 CD's to get the job done.
Apparently she was given a Plextor PX-760A which has been used many times to burn karaoke discs so that seems fine.
My friend has ripped 25 discs to the hard drive so I believe these are now zipped into MP3+G files and waiting to be burned.
She also has a copy of Power CD+G Burner which is an older program so I am lead to believe but will still work on Windows 7 that she has although she has not installed it yet.
She has some writeable Tesco brand CD's which she said she was going to use but I said don't burn them until I find out which are the best.
Apparently she doesn't need them for about another two weeks as she is taking them to a party and doesn't want to take the originals and who would blame her?
She is looking for good burns with no coasters and total reliability as she will use them herself again in the future while looking to preserve the original karaoke discs.
I suspect that by the way she was talking that if they work as good she may do this with the rest of her collection of possibly one hundred.
She is not a KJ but just loves joining in with karaoke.
Is the CD medium that important?
Will cheaper CD's do the job?
Will better quality CD's be more beneficial in the long run?

Peace!

Val
Professional
Professional

Re: What is the best type of CD to burn CD+G karaoke discs

I wouldn't use Tesco home branded CD's for karaoke work.
They may be ok for data, music and video but I wouldn't use them for karaoke discs.
The name escapes me for the moment which ones are mostly recommended but they are not much more expensive.
Karaoke is the spice of life.
Jacky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Without doubt you need Verbatim CD's to burn karaoke discs.
Make sure they are CD-R
Burn them at 1x speed.
You can buy 50 Verbatim CD's for around £10.00.
James
Karaoke Jockey
Karaoke Jockey

Without any doubt go for Verbatim.
You uses this reliable brand for accuracy on games where every tiny piece of data is vital so karaoke discs will demand this as well otherwise you could get blotchy screens.
Ordinary discs will be ok for music though as I have never had a problem with discs for the car CD system.
The Novice
Chatty
Chatty

Thanks you lot.
I have heard about Verbatim CD's before.
I just informed my friend and she is will be getting those next week.
They are £8.99 in Maplins for 50 right now with 25 being sold for £9.99 in the same shop - why do they do this :headscratch:
Kelsy
Karaoke Shacker
Karaoke Shacker

The Novice wrote: They are £8.99 in Maplins for 50 right now with 25 being sold for £9.99 in the same shop - why do they do this :headscratch:
Crazy :rolling:
Wolfy
Karaoke Shacker
Karaoke Shacker

Verbatim CD's for everything important :thumbup:
Karaoke is for life - not just for Christmas :mrgreen:
Spotlight
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Wolfy wrote:Verbatim CD's for everything important :thumbup:
Seconded :cheers:
suncitybob64
n00b
n00b

I have used the Verbatim CD-R disks 700mb 52X speed 80min and I use the Power CG+G burner with the Disk-at-once mode and Session-at once mode using X1 or X4 and using the internal burn engine and I have burned over 50 disks and got 7 good ones. I believe the Disk-at once mode was the better of the two. I have an HP Laptop but I have no clue where to find the burner number and this laptop is about 4 years old.

Verbatim makes so many different disks that are for Data and music, maybe I bought the wrong one. I need some help on this subject.
Benny
Karaoke Shacker
Karaoke Shacker

suncitybob64 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:59 pm
Verbatim makes so many different disks that are for Data and music, maybe I bought the wrong one. I need some help on this subject.
It's not the discs, you can probably make excellent karaoke discs from the cheapest home brand blank CD's but Verbatim will give you perfection time after time.
The problem you have is with your laptop CD player/burner, it possibly is not designed to burn CD+G discs.

Please check out the mother site here.
It will help you.