Welcome to the updated Karaoke Info Forum!

SCDG Rip Software Question

You may post anything and everything to do with karaoke in this category. However, the Karaoke Forum has many other forums below. So, please ensure you post in the correct one.
ctlw83
Singer
Singer

SCDG Rip Software Question

Hi All,

I am basically seeing two SCDG to MP3+G software packages on the market. I see Power SCDG Ripper at $29 (USD) and Roxbox's Karaoke File Converter for $39 (USD). I think there may be one other option out there somewhere as well.

Does anyone have personal experience with either of these two packages? Obviously, I'd prefer to spend less, but, only if it is going to do the job right, label the tracks properly, etc. I am leaning toward Power SCDG Ripper simply because it looks simple and is a bit cheaper, plus, their license seems to be a little better than Roxbox's in terms of updates and such.

ctlw83
Singer
Singer

Re: SCDG Rip Software Question

I went with Roxbox Karaoke File Converter. It seemed to be the app of choice from what I have seen.

Sometimes the artist names get a random N or K in them at the end but, that is easily corrected in the filename afterwards.
James
Disc Jockey
Disc Jockey

I would have went for Power CD+G Burner without doubt.
http://www.powerkaraoke.com/src/prod-po ... ripper.php
I have not used Roxbox, maybe it is good.
Tom Thumb
Investing
Investing

I wonder has the OP had decent results with the software?
Kelsy
Karaoke Shacker
Karaoke Shacker

Tom Thumb wrote:I wonder has the OP had decent results with the software?
If you quoted him it would have flagged up at the top of his forum when he logs back in again.
Tom Thumb
Investing
Investing

Kelsy wrote:If you quoted him it would have flagged up at the top of his forum when he logs back in again.
Advice taken ;)

ctlw83 wrote:I went with Roxbox Karaoke File Converter. It seemed to be the app of choice from what I have seen.

Sometimes the artist names get a random N or K in them at the end but, that is easily corrected in the filename afterwards.
Did you get good results?
ctlw83
Singer
Singer

Wow, I never saw this update... it's been a while.

Rockbox did work OK at the time. Unfortunately, you only get a year of support and their license scheme has a key that is locked to the specific version you downloaded. I don't think I could use it again now, even if I wanted to. But, it did work at the time and I still have all the tracks so, all good there.
ctlw83
Singer
Singer

Just an additional note, If I do buy a couple of additional SCDG discs, I probably will need to spend the $ to get a different software. This time around I'll likely go with Power SCDG because it does not have the license limitation of Roxbox.

Although I just checked and Roxbox hasn't updated Karaoke File Converter v4 since I bought it so, I might be able to still use and re-install it. We'll see.

The only other 2 SCDG's I'd probably get are Chartbusters Essentials E5 and E6. E7-E10 are not available at a low enough price point for it to be worth my while. I decided to just do Karaoke for fun with family/friends so, I don't see it as a potential investment anymore. I already have E1-E4 and the 2 DK Millennium SCDG sets. I still have a lot of duplicates I haven't gone through over the past years...
Val
Disc Jockey
Disc Jockey

ctlw83 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:18 pm Although I just checked and Roxbox hasn't updated Karaoke File Converter v4 since I bought it so, I might be able to still use and re-install it. We'll see.
It should work but if not, what I do is just reinstall Windows to get my programs back up and running again.
Its a pain and time consuming but it does clear out the system as well.
Karaoke is the spice of life.
ctlw83
Singer
Singer

Actually, I might opt to spend more money and get CDGFix (http://www.cdgfix.com/) instead. Their software not only captures but, attempts to repair data from discs with surface scratches. I bought some of my discs used so, they are less than perfect. An app that helps to clean up the lyrics/data is a huge plus.