Welcome to the updated Karaoke Info Forum!

Contact info inquiry

You may post anything and everything to do with karaoke in this category. However, the Karaoke Forum has many other forums below. So, please ensure you post in the correct one.
PeteVfi
n00b
n00b

Contact info inquiry

Hi,

Please, is there anyone who could help me with contact info, home page or e-mail address, for some American producers of Karaoke background tracks, to be contacted, for example

- Music Minus One
- Pocket Songs
- Music Maestro
- Just Tracks
- Top Tunes
- Legends Series
- Avid Records

Thanks in advance.

Benny
Karaoke Shacker
Karaoke Shacker

Re: Contact info inquiry

Sorry, I can't help Petevfi. I am sure we have people here who can help though. Good luck.
Colini
n00b
n00b

legends are sunfly related
Sound Power
Karaoke Shacker
Karaoke Shacker

Hi Petevfi, most karaoke companies of old have long disappeared from the scene.
Therefore, you will not find their websites or any contact information.
The first place to start is here at the Karaoke Info's directory list - look at the bottom for all current manufacturers which link to their home page.

Is there any specific reason you want to contact some old manufacturers?
If it is for permission to use their tracks for a specific reason, why not use those from current makers, most tracks will be available from those.
Also, as Colini says, Legends are connected to Sunfly, so that is one point of contact.
1,000,000 watts of power
PeteVfi
n00b
n00b

OK, thank You so much for Your replies and help.

Unfortunately all these my contact info requests are regarding Karaoke tracks/CD:s bought late 1990's or early 2000's, and now I also thought the producers may not anymore be in business as not finding any traces to them on the net …

But, how nowadays to concern to the rights of these their tracks?

Maybe the tracks could already be taken as "public property" and be used anyway for a live performance publicly but not commercially, or possibly also commercially in a small scale e.g. for street performance, or for in studio recorded combined solo with background total track for demo purposes and/or home made hand-to-hand bargain sales?

But, in these described cases, what may happen, if some previously shut company has been transferring/selling the rights to some other so far not exactly known existing company, which thus now is impossible to reach for discussing about the rights? Could they possibly afterwards have the right to demand some compensation for using tracks owned by them without permission ...

Of course, the needed tracks could also be once again bought from the collections of some existing companies, but how might they take an attitude on all this and on which terms/prices, do anyone have any info or experience on this?

Thanks in advance for any further info!
Sound Power
Karaoke Shacker
Karaoke Shacker

I would say if you can't contact those you need, after a search and trace, then you can use them until your hearts content.
Then, if someone contacts you for whatever reason, at least you could say you found no trace of them.
At the very least they will either then give permission to use them of just tell you to stop using them.
I doubt very much anything negative would happen should someone grab the rights to them, even then you could then come to some arrangement.

One further point though.
Its not just the karaoke company to think of really.
The music itself might be copyright in which case you need the permission of those people.
This is why some karaoke companies release a karaoke disc then release another version of the same disc with the deleted track.
This could happen when the music owner/writer has made a complaint to the karaoke producer.

If I were you I would find a karaoke track from a firm you can trace and contact, they are all duplicated within the karaoke labels anyway.
Then, I would research the music and see if there is someone else who might have an interest in that side of things.
Then ask permission of both.
If you are planning a commercial thing with the tracks you need, you don't want them coming back at a later date with a big claim.
Better get an agreement with a small fee attached first, then they can't come back for more.
1,000,000 watts of power
PeteVfi
n00b
n00b

OK, thank You, Sound Power, so much for Your info and advices, this is just what I also was after, I appreciate!

May come back later on.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

PeteVfi
Sound Power
Karaoke Shacker
Karaoke Shacker

Hope all goes well with your project, so good luck.
1,000,000 watts of power